Abortion Pill / Medication Abortion
What is the Abortion Pill
The Abortion Pill is a combination of two medications that are taken in our center and in the privacy of your own home. Some women report the medication abortion as being “private” and “more like a miscarriage”.
What to expect
- One visit to our facility for a Medical Abortion (Abortion Pill)
- State Mandated phone counseling 24 hours prior to your visit
- Included in your fee, Post Medical Abortion Follow-up
- We offer ultrasound and pregnancy testing
How it works
- You will take the first pill in our doctor’s office. It blocks progesterone, a hormone needed to continue the pregnancy.
- Physician will inform you of what time to take medications at home the following day.
- They gently soften and open the cervix so that the discontinued pregnancy can pass through.
- Most women will completely expel the uterine contents within 6 hours after taking the set of pills at home.
- You will experience vaginal bleeding similar to a heavy menstrual period and intense cramps.
- Most women could continue to bleed lightly up to their next period.
An incomplete abortion is possible but very rare. The physician will discuss the risks and options associated with this while at your visit prior to being administered your first medication in office.
7-14 days later a follow up visit is recommended. You will be evaluated to determine the completeness of the abortion with a repeat ultrasound. This appointment is included in the price you pay the day you take yout first dose of medication.
Contraception options will be discussed and prescribed if you choose.
Learn more about what you can expect on the day of your procedure.
WHAT THEY HAD TO SAY
~ patient comments ~
I was extremely impressed with the staff, doctors, and the overall cleanliness of the facility! The whole experience was less stressful than expected.” – Google review
They were all extremely professional, personable, and kept me calm through the entire process. It’s very clean and comfortable place.” – former patient
Great place. Genuinely care about women. Safe environment. No judgment. Kind staff. Variety of health services. Reliable health care the way it should be!” – Google review
Nice clean office
Staff and doctors made me feel very comfortable. I’ve been to other offices in the area, this one is the best by far!!!” – former patient
Right to make a choice
People should have the right to make a choice. Thank y’all for all you do.” – Google review